12 Ways to Design with Kelly Wearstler's Channels Print
Kelly Wearstler's mastery of avant garde luxury has built her legions of design fans. While the designer herself is soft-spoken, her work is anything but. Known for her trailblazing glam aesthetic informed by elements of '70s and '80s excess, Wearstler embraces all things gold, marble and high-contrast. Her Channels print, available at Cocoon Furnishings in wallpaper, fabric or ready-made pillows, was introduced in 2014 for Groundworks, a Lee Jofa brand, and has quickly become a contemporary icon. If you've been thinking of how to get some Channels in your life, grab some inspiration from these design pros, who have all managed to put their own stamp on this graffiti-inspired print.
2. Energize a space with traditional architecture by bringing in floor-to-crown-moulding drapery panels in Channels. The print echos the diagonal lines of the carpet and lucite chairs and plays of the tension of classic and contemporary. design: Chenault James
5. Make an entrance. Literally. This fashion boutique entryway says wow right off the bat. Thanks to the Channels wallcovering, artwork and animal print bench. Photo: Casey Dunn.
6. Add one single cushion of Channels to almost any room, then play up the glamour with plenty of warm metals and luscious texture for a Kelly-approved scheme. Design: Kristin Cadwallader of Bliss at Home.
7. Cover a pair of chairs in Channels and make them the only print element in the room and you have a recipe for dramatic decorating success. Design: Martha O'Hara.
10. Punctuate an otherwise serene workspace with Channels side panel drapes. The fabric plays up all of the other black elements in the room, especially the pendant light. Design: Studio McGee.
11. Upholster the back cushions of a banquette in this eye-catching print for high visibility, while keeping the seat in a practical easy-to-clean vinyl. Photo: Janet Mesic-Mackie.
12. Choose an unexpected colour way like the Lake/Beige version used on this Parisian Airbnb bedroom wall. Channels comes in 5 colour combinations. Make it your own be choosing a seldom-used combination, then design the rest of the room around it.
SHOP THE STORY
1. Cushion in Kelly Wearstler Channels in Ebony/Ivory linen. 2. Channels wallpaper in Lake/Beige. 3. Channels wallpaper in Periwinkle/Oat. 4. Channels linen fabric in Ebony/Ivory. 5. Channels wallpaper in Copper/Beige
Visit Cocoon Furnishings in Oakville, Ont. to see cushions, fabrics and wallpaper,
plus much more by Kelly Wearstler